Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Appreciating Geometry: Written Report

Last week, February 12 and 14, our group, the Geometry group led the class to do some creative ways of appreciating and presenting Geometry.
On our first day, our group facilitated an “amazing-race”-type-of-a-game. Our classmates, grouped into Algebra group, Number System group, Computers group and Statistics group were the participants. We placed four stations around the College of Science and Mathematics vicinity where these groups need to answer geometry problems in each station. I and my partner Carlie’s station formed a figure using different pieces of polygons. The players need to follow the sample figure that we showed to them. In the station of Lykie and Milce, the players need to measure the area of the triangle but before they could measure it, they had to relay the egg to their members. The station of Thea, did a matching game. Vyem and Enno’s station, did a mind game using match sticks where the players need to move a certain number from the original figure to another figure. The scores of the players were based on how fast they could answer the problems.
On the second day, we had a debate and creative presentation. In our debate, our motion was that the shortest distance from point A to point B is a straight line. I was in the government side and the deputy prime minister. Before the debate, people voted in favour of us. After the debate, still many people were in favour of us. It was a fair and nice experience for me, since I was not used to joining a debate. But I enjoyed.
In our creative presentation, Carlie was our director. She was good in writing the script; and since it was a musical production, she was really good in composing songs. Yes, some of our songs were originally done by Carlie. Enno was our guitarist. Vyem was our main character and the rest were supporting actors. Oh yes, Milce was the narrator. It was fun being with these people. During our practices and shooting, they didn’t let me feel I’m different, since I’m in my 4th year and they are 2nd years. They were warm and very accommodating. Usually they’re the ones who take the initiative to talk to me. They never left me behind and they’re fun to be with. This group understands each other. For me, i would say this is the best group.




No comments:

Post a Comment